SureComply Technologies Pty Ltd ABN 57 628 562 916 (“The Company”) values your Privacy.
In this policy, “us, “we”, “our” or the Company means SureComply Pty Ltd and its technology platforms ConnectHR, ConnectHQ and OnePassport. (“The Platforms”).
The obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (the “Act”) and the Australian National Privacy Principles guide the way the Company collects, handles and stores your information and any information within it.
The information you provide us may contain personal information that identifies you for the purpose of employee verification, human resources, payroll, rostering and secure data storage across our Platforms.
The Company will not use or disclose Personal Information without your consent. Personal information means information that identifies you as an individual, or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. (“Personal Information”)
We will review this policy regularly, and we may update it from time to time to ensure we are complying with any legislative changes including the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that came into force on 25 May 2018.
Information you Provide Us
The Company works hard to ensure the security of the information you provide us. Once it comes into our possession, reasonable steps will be taken to protect and secure this information. When you send information or use our Platforms to supply personal information this will be used strictly for the purposes identified in this document or agreed by you as part of license conditions consented by you. Your information will never be used for purposes it was not intended by you.
Collection of Personal Information
- The kinds of information we collect will depend on which of our products or services are used and how you use the software offered across our Platforms. The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Education History
- Employment History
- Background Check
- Residency & Visa
- Registrations, Licenses & Permits
- Short Courses/ Mandatory Training
- Skills Matrix
- Contact details (for example, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number(s))
- We collect personal information directly from you and, in particular, from information you provide to us as part of using the software.
- We may also collect personal information from a third party where you have consented to the personal information being provided by the third party (for example for Background Checks, Residency and Visa information or Registration or License required to undertake work).
Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law and as permitted by our customer agreements, we may use information collected in connection to operate the Platform services and verify information supplied in the collection of third party information. (“Services”)
We may use the information, including personal information for the purpose of providing Services to our customers. We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, clients, contractors or external service providers for the operation of the Services or our business, fulfilling requests consented by you, including verifying the collection of staff and other personnel information.
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners to enable us to perform our business activities.
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- relevant private or public sector authorities and institutions including Government Departments, Educational Institutions, Australian Tax Office, banks and superannuation providers relating to the provision of the Services, and
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator.
We may use social networking services such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter to communicate with the public about our activities. We may collect your personal information when you communicate with us by using these social networking services, and the social networking services will also handle your personal information for their own services. These social networking sites have their own privacy policies in place.
Using the Platforms
You can access and browse our Platforms without disclosing personal information. We will only accept personal information with your consent.
From time to time we link to other websites. These websites are responsible for their own privacy practices, and you should check those websites for more information about how they will handle your personal information.
For further information on how the Company values surrounding data protection please contact us on [email protected]
We use "cookies" to enhance functionality and to keep track of visits to our website
A cookie is a small data file that contains information about your visit to a website. Your computer provides this information during your first visit to a web server. The server records this information in a text file and stores this file on your hard drive. When you visit the same website again, the server looks for the cookie and structures itself based on the information provided. A cookie only identifies your computer to a web server when you visit the site.
If you visit our website to browse or download information, our web server will record the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded. We generally use this information for statistical purposes.
If your browser is configured to reject all cookies, you will be unable to use services on the website that require cookies in order to participate. You may still be able to use some information-only pages if you do not accept cookies.
Our Customer Database
The Company maintains a database of customer information in order to promote its programs. This is used for email, printed mail as well for Direct Marketing purposes. The Company may, from time to time, provide you with information about our products and services that we think will interest you.
The information we keep about you
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below. However, we may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Privacy Act allows us to do so.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously. We will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require.
Storage and security of your personal information
The Company will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, the Company excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.